Friday, May 27, 2011

Quilt~!

Yar, more whatever.  Keeping a low profile while I finish up getting things ready to rock for Wednesday. I'm a little nervous about it, but so be it.

In the meanwhile, have a quilt I finished!




T'da!  It's pretty snazzy, don'tcha think?




It's a quilt top made by my great grandmother (or possibly my great aunt, we're not sure anymore.  They've both passed on now, so we can't ask.) that I finished up for my ma for Mother's Day.  I was actually late finishing it, but it's done and she loves it, so that's what's important.



I hand-finished the binding, which took me approximately three times longer to do than I had originally figured. Who knew hand sewing was so time consuming? I've read about people doing "invisible" stitching or something for the binding, maybe I ought to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment